ownCloud can be installed on Windows and Linux operating systems, and is available via packages, sources, or a one file php installer.
The .tar archive is the classic way of installing ownCloud server. It provides the server and all immediate 3rd party PHP libraries.
- Download Unix (.tar.bz2) or Windows (.zip) archive.
- Check package integrity using MD5 (Unix / Windows) or SHA256 (Unix / Windows)
- Verify the authenticity via PGP (Unix /Windows). The ownCloud GPG key is here.
- Follow the ownCloud Admin Manuals’ installation chapter
WEB INSTALL (SHARED HOSTING)
The Web Installer is the easiest way for novice users to install ownCloud on their web space. It checks the dependencies, downloads the newest ownCloud from the official server, unpacks it with the right permissions and the right user account. Finally, you will be redirected to the ownCloud installer.
- Right-click here and save the file to your computer
- Upload setup-owncloud.php to your web space
- Point your web browser to setup-owncloud.php on your webspace
- Follow the instructions and configure ownCloud
- Login to your newly created ownCloud instance!
Install Desktop Clients
Synchronise your ownCloud with your computer using our desktop clients. Select one or more directories on your local machine and always have access to your latest files wherever you are.
Install Mobile Apps
Mobile apps are available in both the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store, allowing you to access, sync and upload your data on the go.