This feature allows you to configure automatic email response messages. This is useful when the recipient is unavailable.
Current Auto Responders
To view the auto responders for a specific domain on your account, select the desired domain from the Managing menu on the top right side of the Auto Responders interface. A list of the auto responders will appear in the table below.
To quickly find a specific email address of an auto responder, enter a keyword in the Search text box and click Go.
Add or Edit an Auto Responder
To add an auto responder, perform the following steps:
- Select the domain for which you wish to add or edit an auto responder from the Managing menu.
- Choose one of the following actions:
- If you wish to create a new auto responder, click Add Auto Responder.
- If you wish to edit an auto responder, click Edit next to the auto responder that you wish to edit.
Select a character set from the Character Set menu.
- Enter the interval, in hours, that you wish for the auto responder to wait between responses to the same email address.
For example, if you set up an auto responder with an interval of
24and you receive an email from
email@example.com 8:00 AM on Monday, the auto responder will respond to his message immediately. If, however,
firstname.lastname@example.org you again within the interval period, the auto responder will not send him a response. If he emails you again after the 24-hour interval expires, the system will send him an auto response.
- In the Email text box, enter the email address for which you wish the server to respond.
- In the From text box, enter the username that will appear in the response.
- In the Subject text box, enter the subject that will appear in the response.
- If the message includes HTML tags, select the HTML checkbox.
In the Body text box, enter the text of the response.
- Select a start time. You can choose Immediately or Custom.
If you select Custom, a small calendar will appear. Use the arrows to navigate between months and click your preferred start date. Then, enter a start time at the bottom of the calendar, and include AM or PM from the menu. Finally, click anywhere outside of the calendar box to save the configuration and close the calendar. Your chosen date and time will appear next to the Start option.
- Select a stop time. You can choose Never or Custom.
If you select Custom, a small calendar will appear. Use the arrows to navigate between months and click your preferred date. Then, enter a time at the bottom of the calendar and select AM or PM from the menu. Finally, click anywhere outside of the calendar box to save the configuration and close the calendar.
- Click Create/Modify to save the auto responder.
Remove an Auto Responder
To delete an auto responder, perform the following steps:
- Click Delete next to the auto responder that you wish to delete.
- Click Delete Autoresponder to confirm that the you wish to delete the auto responder.